- Today is our country 53rd Independence Day...Selamat Hari Merdeka.After 53 years of independence,our country has progress a lot in many areas but has also deteriorate in few areas.We are less united and more racist now compared to many years ago.
OK...forget about politics.Let's talk about running.
- Today's long run was part of the preparation for the Beijing Marathon.Yee has fixed up the training and long run schedule.I was only following the group for "fun"as I did not take part in Beijing Marathon.
- The starting time was fixed at 5:30am and when I arrived at City Park,only Yee and Lau were there.We waited for 10 minutes and were about to start when Heng turned up.We waited for him to get ready.That took another 5 minutes.
- We did 3 loops around City Park with total distance of 9.6km.It was 6.45 am and the "older group"of Seremban runners were getting ready to start their shorter distance run.Heng decided to join the group instead.
- It was only 3 of us for the 2nd portion of run to Yee's house which covered a distance of 8.3km.When we arrived for the water stop at Yee's house,I was surprised to see a dozen of 1.5L 100 Plus in front of the gate.Maybe Yee was expecting a big group of us turning up for today's run.
- The 3rd and last portion of the run,I decided to break away from this small group as I was feeling tired and it was getting hotter.I proceeded straight to City Park while Yee and Lau continued on to S2 height before returning to City Park.
At the end of the day,Yee and Lau did 30km.Congratulation to them!I did about 24km.
- Today's run was a failure to me:
2)Poor turn out.Can't blame the rest since today is a public holiday and most of us are family man, so we need to spend some quality time with our family.
- Today will be my last long run with the group as I will not be free for the whole month of September and I will continue my weekend long run again in the month of October.